30 + Sites To Find Digital Nomad Housing
Here are 30+ options for digital nomad housing (we’ll update this list regularly as we add more options on), in no particular order. We break down what each option is, why we like it, and what kind of situation it’s best for.
The Complete List: 30+ Accommodation Sites For Digital Nomads
- Agoda (+ Agoda Apartments)
- One Fine Stay
- The Plum Guide
- Nomad Stays
- Nomad Temporary Housing
- Trusted Housesitters
- Wifi Tribe
- Facebook Marketplace
- Local Facebook Groups
- Local Realtor
Before We Begin: Jackhammers
As you look for digital nomad housing, you’re likely looking at some of the world’s up and coming hotspots. And hotspots = construction.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve arrived in a place at night, only to be woken up at 7am by what sounds like a jackhammer trying to reach Earth’s core about 3 feet from my head.
I strongly advise you to write to your potential accommodations (whether that’s a host or just a platform in general) and ask them if there is any major disruptive construction going on anywhere nearby that would inhibit your ability to work. While they don’t legally have to tell you the truth, it’s a small step that may save you a literal headache in the end.
1. Agoda (+ Agoda Apartments)
What Is Agoda?
- Agoda is an OTA (online travel agency) where travelers can book short and medium-term stays on.
- Just like it’s sister company Booking.com, Agoda has millions of hotels, hostels, resorts, apartments and homestays for short stays.
- We’re most excited about Agoda Apartments for medium-term digital nomad housing.
Why We Like Agoda & Agoda Apartments
- Cashback rewards program with most bookings
- Price-match guarantee
- Great cancellation policy
Agoda Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Are looking for short-term stays
- Are looking for medium-term stays
- Agoda Apartments is a direct competitor to AirBnb where you can find apartments that are often less expensive than AirBnb.
- Just like AirBnb, these properties are listed as short-term rentals too, so the key is to to book early.
What Is AirBnb?
- AirBnb is the gold-standard platform for digital nomads that connects travelers to hosts
- AirBnb gives travelers the ability to stay in a private room or the entire property
Why We Like AirBnb
- AirBnb has very unique stays
- One of the most reliable services for good wifi
AirBnb Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Are ok paying higher prices for enhanced stay protection
- Need to communicate with their hosts throughout their stay
What Is Booking.com?
- Booking.com is an OTA where travelers can book short and medium-stay accommodations at hotels, hostels, resorts, apartments and homestays.
Why We Like Booking.com
- Huge selection of properties
- Huge number of filters and map search option
- Rewards program with perks like early check-in and free breakfast
- Good cancellation policy
Booking.com Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Want to treat themselves to an all-inclusive resort
- Are seeking accommodations before getting settled in longer term
- Are looking for a rewards program for their short-term stays
What Is Blueground?
- Blueground owns and manages rental apartments around the world
- Blueground focuses on urban areas with locations several DN hotspot countries;
- North America (USA)
- Europe (Greece, Spain, Switzerland, Germany, Denmark, Turkey, Portugal, England, Luxembourg, France, Austria)
- Asia (Hong Kong, Singapore)
- Middle East (Dubai)
Why We Like Blueground
- 24/7 support available for renters
- Properties are professionally cleaned
- Complimentary Youtube TV
- Premium furnishings and appliances
Blueground Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Want a professionally managed property
- Are ok paying extra for a turnkey remote work experience in an urban hotspot with premium appliances & furnishings
- Want an easy option to buying renter’s insurance
What Is Sonder?
- Sonder owns and operates medium to long-term apartment rentals that are licensed as hotels
- Sonder is in various DN hotspots like;
- North America
- The Netherlands
- Middle East
Sonder requires tenant financial and criminal background checks, so it’s a good idea to get these taken care of before searching for accommodations there.
Why We Like Sonder
- Premium furnishings and appliances
- Access to Sonder-only lounges and building-exclusive elevators (where available)
- Come with toiletries, tea, coffee, fresh towels, kitchen essentials
Sonder Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Are willing to pay more for a turnkey stay that features the amenities of a high-quality apartment and the security of a hotel.
- Want professionally cleaned apartment units
What Is Vacasa?
- Vacasa acts as a rental and property management company for rentals primarily located in the USA, with properties in Canada, Belize, Costa Rica and Mexico as well.
- Vacasa handles the booking process, customer service and all professional cleanings to ensure properties meet a high level of cleanliness.
- Most of Vacasa’s properties lean toward the “cabin” or “beach house” vibe scale.
Why We Like Vacasa
- Vacasa only rents out entire properties, so you won’t end up with any room sharing
- Vacasa’s team offers 24/7 customer support
- Great 3D home tours for properties
Vacasa Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Want a place to themselves in a popular vacation spot, like a beach or cabin
- Want professionally cleaned accommodations
7. One Fine Stay
What Is One Fine Stay?
- Onefinestay is a platform that connects homeowners to short and medium-term renters, just like AirBnb
- BUT – Onefinestay focuses on luxury accommodations
- Onefinestay has homes and villas listed on their platform from;
- North & Central America
- Costa Rica
- The Caribbean
Why We Like One Fine Stay
- All properties are professionally cleaned & maintained
- All properties are vetted by One Fine Stay to ensure they meet quality & luxury standards
- One Fine Stay is owned by Accor, which means they run One Fine Stay much like a hotel would be run in terms of efficiency, check-in, cleaning, etc
One Fine Stay Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Are ok shelling out for a luxury stay in the world’s most beautiful locations
- Want a high level of certainty the properties they rent are luxury and have premium amenities
8. The Plum Guide
What Is The Plum Guide?
- The Plum Guide is a platform that connects short term renters with vetted, high-quality homes and apartments.
- All listings on The Plum Guide must pass a 150-point inspection in order to be listed on the platform.
- The Plum Guide has listings all over the world, from Milan to Mexico City.
Why We Like The Plum Guide
- All properties are vetted by professional “home testers”, so you know you’re getting a very high-quality home
- They have a “home truths” section, where property owners tell you what isn’t great about the property, like traffic or, if you’re in the countryside, animals waking up early.
- The Plum Guide charges hosts high fees for cancellation, so you’re less likely to get a, “hey sorry I forgot I’m hosting my circus friends tomorrow so I’m actually canceling your stay that you’ve had booked for 4 months”.
The Plum Guide Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Want a middle ground between AirBnb and One Fine Stay. You’re paying a little extra than AirBnb for very high-quality accommodations that may or may not be luxury, but are guaranteed to be high quality.
- Want a higher level of service than AirBnb’s customer service
What Is Homestay.com?
- Homestay.com is an online platform that connects travelers with private rooms in homes throughout the world
Why We Like Homestay.com
- You get the actual, “live like a local” experience
- Your host can give you their personal recommendations
- The “private room” aspect means you can affordably stay in more expensive metropolitan areas
Homestay.com Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Don’t want to shell out to stay in fantastic locations
- Are traveling solo
- Want a more intimate experience, both with the local people and the culture
- Don’t mind the “private room in a home” aspect of Homestay.com
What Is 9flats?
- 9flats is similar to AirBnb; it’s a platform that connects travelers to homes and apartments.
- 9flats is trying to dethrone AirBnb on the European continent and be the “AirBnb of Europe”.
Why We Like 9flats
- Every property on 9flats is a private stay – no shared rooms
9flats Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Want to be certain they’ve got the entire place to themselves
- Are staying in Europe
- Want to search for accommodations that may not be listed on AirBnb
What Is Flatio?
- Flatio is an platform that connects medium-term renters (typically 3-9 months) with a whole apartment or private room
- Very similar to AirBnb’s model, but caters to medium-term housing
Why We Like Flatio
- No security deposits
- Flatio offers VR tours of select accommodations, so you get to really see where you’ll be living
- Utilities are built into the cost of most rentals
Flatio Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Need to find medium-term housing
- Want to easily filter properties to find one with the amenities they’re looking for
- Want to know exactly how much they’ll spend on housing (utilities included)
12. Nomad Stays
What Is Nomad Stays?
- Nomad Stays is an online platform built to help digital nomads find quality accommodations suitable for remote work throughout the world.
- Stays typically range from one week to 3 months.
- Nomad Stays has locations in 70 different countries, many of which are beautiful, unique, and off the popular digital nomad radar (i.e. Bulgaria).
Why We Like Nomad Stays
- Nomad Stays usually have a coworking space located within walking distance.
- Instant booking confirmation
- Accommodation descriptions will mention if there are supermarkets and cafes within walking distance.
- Most Nomad Stays are located in lively areas, great for solo nomads.
- You have the option of selecting a coliving space or an entire apartment.
Nomad Stays Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Are traveling solo and want to be certain they’ll stay in a great area
- Want to be certain of rock-solid wifi
- Want to know what types of shops and cafes are within walking distance
- Want the personal touch of a host’s recommendations
- Want to get the feel of a place for at least a week
What Is Coliving.com?
- Coliving is an online platform that connects digital nomads with private or shared rooms in large, shared homes in prime locations that have solid wifi and amenities.
- Coliving is in over 300 cities and 60 countries around the world.
Why We Like Coliving.com
- Most locations offer discounts for longer stays
- Every location has an on-site host to help with anything that may arise
- You’re given the option of shared or private rooms (and bathrooms)
- You’re guaranteed solid wifi
- It’s a great opportunity to meet people while traveling
Coliving.com Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Want to meet other remote workers and travelers
- Want to be certain the amenities and wifi are solid
- Are ok sharing common spaces with other travelers
- Want a sense of community while they travel
- Want to live in a prime location while traveling
What Is Housestay?
- Housestay is an online platform that connects remote workers and traveling professionals with fully furnished, turnkey homes and apartments for 30+ days.
- Tenants must undergo background checks much like a traditional lease, so it’s a good idea to get this done before you go abroad.
Why We Like Housestay
- All accommodations are entire apartments or homes.
- All accommodations are vetted to ensure they’re high quality.
- Bill pay, lease signing and background checks can all be completed on Housestay’s platform.
Housestay Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Want the entire place to themselves
- Want to be assured their accommodations are quality and as pictured
- Are looking for 30+ day stays
What Is Spotahome?
- Spotahome is an online platform that connects remote workers and travelers with shared and entire apartments located mostly in Europe
- Instead of “hosts”, Spotahome connects renters with a more traditional landlord-style rental experience
Why We Like Spotahome
- Every property features a full digital walkthrough
- Every property video is verified by Spotahome
- Landlords respond to your booking request within 24 hours
Spotahome Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Are looking for an apartment instead of a house
- Are open to either entire places or private rooms (Spotahome has both)
- Are looking to spend more than 1 month in a location
- Want the ability to contact a landlord if they need to
What Is Selina?
- Selina is a chain of upscale hostels located throughout the world that offer dorm and private rooms, with great wifi connection
Why We Like Selina
- You know you’re getting high quality accommodations no matter where in the world you are
- In areas with spotty wifi, Selina is always the bright spot with solid wifi connections
- Selina hosts nightly events and is an incredible place for socializing and making friends
- Price for shared rooms, for the quality you get, is usually very good
- Many Selinas also double as coworking spaces, which have blazing fast internet
Selina Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Want a more social scene
- Want the hostel “party” scene
- Are looking for a reliable internet connection
- Like the familiarity of consistent quality
- Want to stay in a prime location
What Is Anyplace?
Anyplace is an online platform designed to connect remote workers with vetted, furnished apartments for 30+ day rentals in the following cities;
- New York
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- San Diego
Why We Like Anyplace
- Every apartment is equipped with a dedicated workspace
- Every dedicated workspace has an adjustable standing desk, ergonomic chair, large monitor, wireless mouse and even a collapsable green screen.
- Every apartment has lightning-fast wifi
- Apartments have very modern amenities, and are usually located in buildings with gyms, common areas, etc.
Anyplace Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Are ok shelling out for a turnkey, remote-first living and work setup
- Want a premium living situation
- Are planning to stay in one of the above 4 cities for 30+ days
What Is Outsite?
- Outsite is a membership program with coliving spaces around the world
- Members must apply to be accepted
- Outsite’s average member age is 36
- Outsite is on 5 continents (no Australia or Antarctica yet)
- Membership is $149/year or $399/lifetime
Why We Like Outsite
- Dedicated community managers in each location
- Membership gives you access to their Member Hub, which is a great way to network
- The application process makes Outsite a great way to make friends with like minded travelers
Outsite Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Want to stay in a prime spot
- Want an easy way to meet like minded digital nomads while traveling
- Don’t mind sharing common spaces like living rooms and the kitchen
- Want to a guaranteed high speed internet connection
What Is Behere?
- Behere is a platform that helps remote workers book their accommodation, coworking space and gyms all in one.
Why We Like Behere
- Behere’s lets you pick your accommodations, coworking space and gym “a la carte” style, so you know exactly how much you’re paying
- Behere has on-location support teams to help you with any issues you may face in-country
- Frequent Behere users can purchase an annual pass for $990, which allows you to waive processing, platform, cleaning & city host fees (pays for itself in 2 – 3 month-long stays).
- All of Behere’s accommodations are vetted for location, quality and wifi
Behere Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Want support while in-country
- Are gym junkies and want a done-for-you accommodations, coworking and gym experience
- Want to live in a prime location
What Is Cohabs?
Cohabs rents furnished, private rooms in fantastic shared houses for 6 month – 3 year leases in 4 prime cities;
- New York (Brooklyn & Manhattan)
- Madrid (Tetuan & Chamberi)
- Brussels (Multiple districts)
- Paris (Multiple districts
- While Cohabs doesn’t specifically cater to digital nomads, it’s crowd is early 20’s – mid 30’s, most of whom are working.
Why We Like Cohabs
- Cohabs includes a top-notch group breakfast once a month
- All Cohabs properties feature strong high speed wifi that you can use to work from home
- Cohabs also has a mobile app to create meetups, track rent payment and more
- Once-a-week professional cleaning services are included
- Basic supplies are delivered once a month
- Cohabs also hosts monthly events to foster further community building
- Many Cohabs houses feature great amenities like a movie room or gym
- Cohabs features an application process, so you’re more likely to get higher quality roommates
Cohabs Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Are seeking coliving with a strong emphasis on community
- Want to travel slower and stay in one of Cohab’s cities for 6+ months
- Are ok with sharing common spaces like a kitchen and living room
What Is Hostelworld?
- Hostelworld is an OTA that specializes in private and shared rooms in hostels and some hotels throughout the world
Why We Like Hostelworld
- Hostelworld allows you to easily filter selections to find private rooms or dorms
- Hostels worldwide are great places to meet people and socialize
- Hostelworld’s app has a notice board, which is essentially a, “hey I’m in the area and am free to hang out this Saturday” (for God’s sake don’t use this feature like it’s just another version of Tinder please)
- Many accommodations offer flexible cancellation policies in return for paying slightly more
Hostelworld Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Want to get their social fix and maybe party a bit
- Are ok going to coffee shops or coworking spaces to work (trusting hostel wifi for a client video call is really rolling the dice)
- Are ok sharing spaces like kitchens
22. Nomad Temporary Housing
What Is Nomad?
- Nomad Temporary Housing is an online platform that partners with over 3,000 temporary apartment providers around the world to connect travelers and remote workers with temporary housing
- Important note: Nomad Housing is unable to provide apartment pricing or availability up front, you’ll need to request this. While it’s still worth browsing to get an idea of true local pricing, it’s best to start using this service a few months before you actually start traveling.
Why We Like Nomad Temporary Housing
- Very large selection of apartments from around the world
- All apartments are professionally managed
- Price point is generally better than platforms like AirBnb
Nomad Temporary Housing Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Have more structured plans for when they’ll be in specific locations
- Want an apartment that is a professionally managed rental
What Is Flipkey?
- Flipkey is an online platform that allows owners to list their short to medium-term rentals.
- Flipkey is owned by Tripadvisor and is essntially their answer to platforms like AirBnb and VRBO
Why We Like Flipkey
- They have rental properties in prime areas
- They offer instant booking confirmation
Flipkey Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Want another option to search for short-term properties that may not be listed on major platforms
- Want instant booking confirmation
What Is VRBO?
- VRBO is an online platform where property owners list their properties as short to medium-term rentals.
- While there are definitely apartments listed on the platform, VRBO typically shines in the “beach house” and “cabin” categories.
Why We Like VRBO
- All VRBO properties are “the entire place”, which means you won’t have private rooms in shared spaces.
- We like how clearly VRBO displays the total price of the accommodations (and how you’re not hit with that surprise $300 cleaning fee for your two night stay).
VRBO Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Want the entire place to themselves
- Are traveling to a more popular vacation hotspot, like a beach or mountain town
25. Trusted Housesitters
What Is Trusted Housesitters?
- Trusted Housesitters connects people who need house or pet sitting services with potential house and/or pet sitters.
- Many properties will ask housesitters to care for their pets as well
- All housesitters must be vetted and pay an annual fee starting at $129/year
- Housesitters must apply, and competition can be stiff, but it’s worth a try
Why We Like Trusted Housesitters
- It allows digital nomads to stay for free
- It gives digital nomads the true, “live like a local” experience
- It provides remote workers with an actual home, with actual furniture (no “it’s minimalist [aka cheaply made with as little material as possible]” nonsense)
Trusted Housesitters Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Want a unique living experience
- Want to live in an actual home
- Like animals (most Housesitters opportunities require you take care of pets of some sort)
- Have flexible travel plans
What Is MindMyHouse?
- MindMyHouse connects people who need house or pet sitting services with potential house and/or pet sitters around the world
- House sitters must apply to stay
- House sitters pay an annual fee of $29
Why We Like MindMyHouse
- It’s the least expensive, reputable house sitting option on the web
- Due to this low cost, MindMyHouse is a very community and reputation-oriented platform
MindMyHouse Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Have flexible travel plans
- Enjoy caring for a wide variety of animals
- Are seeking out a quiet, remote area (many places listed on MindMyHouse are in quiet little towns)
What Is Remotebase?
- Remotebase is a monthly newsletter that finds scorching deals on AirBnbs around the world that are discounted 30%+
- They also offer a premium newsletter at $68/year where you can set your location and budget preferences, and they’ll send you every single deal they find (it’s basically the premium version of Dollar Flight Club for AirBnbs).
Why We Like Remotebase
- It’s totally free to sign up and use
- The deals they send you are a couple months in advance (ie they’ll send you June deals in March) so you have time to plan
- Newsletters are well written and they feature giveaways
Remotebase Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Are location-flexible
- Potentially have other travel buddies to call up who are down to adventure (these AirBnbs are sometimes 1-bedroom, and sometimes multiple)
- Like staying in AirBnbs
28. Wifi Tribe
What Is Wifi Tribe?
- Wifi Tribe offers trips 4 – 8 week trips, called “chapters”, for digital nomads to work and travel as a community.
- Annual membership to Wifi Tribe is $500, and each chapter runs from $1,200 – $2,800, with the option to save money by sharing a room (chapter costs don’t include meals or flights).
- All Wifi Tribe members must submit an application to join.
- Wifi Tribe organizes plenty of activities for members outside of work hours
Why We Like Wifi Tribe
- Wifi Tribe is much more “work-focused” than similar groups like Remote Year.
- The application process ensures you’re placed with other like-minded digital nomads.
- The product, from accommodations to wifi, is reliably high quality.
Wifi Tribe Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Want a social, coliving, work-focused travel experience
- Are ok living in shared spaces
- Want a semi done-for-you experience (area and accommodations sorted).
29. Facebook Marketplace
What Is Facebook Marketplace?
- Facebook Marketplace is where people post short, medium and long-term accommodations, furnished and unfurnished, by themselves or through local real estate agents
- BEWARE – Facebook Marketplace has the best deals you’ll find, and is also rife with scams. While I have used it many times, I would never send any money without first seeing the place, meeting the owner and connecting to the wifi and testing the internet speed first.
Why We Like Facebook Marketplace
- Facebook Marketplace properties are usually posted by owner, so you avoid the middleman.
- You can easily filter by budget and location (bring your patience with you when you use the map search feature).
Facebook Marketplace Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Still have a Facebook account.
- Know how to spot the difference between a good deal and a scam.
- Have local language skills (this isn’t required, but it’ll help you get a better deal).
- Are ok without that added layer of scam protection from a third-party like AirBnb.
- Are ok rolling the dice on internet connection (but again, if you check this upon first visiting, there should be no surprises).
30. Local Facebook Groups
What Are Local Facebook Groups?
- Many digital nomad hotspots have local Facebook groups where locals and digital nomads talk about things, including posting available rooms/apartments.
- Posts generally include whole places and private rooms, and are usually (but not always) for longer than 1 month.
Why We Like Facebook Groups
- The communities can generally sniff out whether a post is legit or a scam
- You can find great deals
Facebook Groups Are Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Are looking for deals through word of mouth
What Is Tripping?
- Tripping is a metasearch aggregator for listing platforms
- Tripping.com includes rentals from sites like;
Why We Like Tripping
- Tripping is one of the few aggregators that includes all OTAs and host rental platforms
- Great filter system to find exactly what you’re looking for
- Easily searchable maps
Tripping Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Aren’t wed to using a specific platform to book their stays
- Are looking for the best deals
What Is HomeToGo?
- HomeToGo is a metasearch aggregator for listing platforms
- HomeToGo includes rentals from sites like;
Why We Like HomeToGo
- Their UI is almost a mirror image of AirBnb, making it very easy to navigate
- Easy-to-search maps
- Easy-to-use filter system to find exactly what you’re looking for
HomeToGo Is Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Like the look and feel of AirBnb’s UI
- Aren’t wed to using a specific platform to book their stays
- Want to find great deals
33. Local Realtor
For many places in the world, 1 – 3 month leases aren’t uncommon, and there are plenty of local real estate agents who have connections to help you find what you’re looking for.
Now this is not the case in all markets, but for many small and mid-size digital nomad hotspots, there are local realtors that can help you find exactly what you’re looking for.
Why We Like Local Realtors
- Local real estate agents know the area – they know the vibe of a city better than any guide you may read online. If you tell them the vibe you’re looking for, they’ll be able to tell you what area of the city to check out, and which apartment.
- Local real estate agents may be able to help you bridge the local language gap in renting
- They’re still less expensive than platform fees
- There are still plenty of landlords in the world that are old school and refuse to list their properties on rental platforms. Local real estate agents can connect you to these places.
Local Realtors Are Great For Digital Nomads That…
- Know what kind of area they want to live in
- Don’t have local language skills
- Want to find the best deals
- Want to offload the work of finding a place to a professional
Got your place? Great. Still looking for more tips on digital nomading? Check out our digital nomading guide here. Travel well!
And if you want to travel better, check out our 2-in-1 laptop case that doubles as a stand below.